International Private Course: Avalanche Level 1 (up to 6 participants)
This is a private/closed Avalanche Level 1
Maximum of 6 Participants
- 4-Day Avalanche Level 1 course format, 32 hours of classroom and field work that exceeds the American Avalanche Association guidelines of 24 hours.
- Gain understanding of avalanche beacon technology and receive advanced training in avalanche companion rescue techniques.
- Learn to recognize avalanche terrain, develop a systematic method for avalanche risk assessment, and execute safe travel plans.
- Become familiar with the science of snow crystals, metamorphism, and slab avalanche fracture mechanics.
- The REC1-Plus I designed for aspirant professionals. The REC1-Plus is a preparatory course for the next professional developmental step, the AAA PRO1.
- Low instructor to student ratio with small course size.
- Lead Instructor: Chago Rodriguez - Certified AAA Instructor, AAA PRO Instructor, Snow and Avalanche Scientist. Avalanche Science assistant instructors are seasoned avalanche professionals, backcountry ski guides, and AAA PRO members.
Prerequisite: Be able to ski tour (on skis or split-board).
Pre-course material: 4-hour Avalanche Science online content.
Course Format: 4-day, Call 208-473-6532 to arrange course dates.
Cancellation Policy: 60% of the course cost can be refunded up to 30 days prior to the course start. No refunds are provided for cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the start of the course for which you are registered.