Iceland Adventure Trip with Avalanche Level 2 Certification (March 26-April 3, 2022)
This is an 8-day ski touring adventure in Northern Iceland.
Transportation from Reykjavik to Akureyri at arrival and departure from Akureyri to Reykjavik are included. Transportation to ski touring destinations is included.
Top-notch lodging with hot pools is included.
Meals, drinks, and spirits are not included.
Includes Avalanche Science REC2+ and Rescue module
- 8-Day Avalanche REC2+ course, with a total of 32 hours of classroom and fieldwork that exceeds the American Avalanche Association guidelines of 24 hours.
- Gain an understanding of avalanche beacon technology and receive advanced training in avalanche companion rescue techniques.
- Learn to recognize avalanche terrain, develop a systematic method for avalanche risk assessment, and execute safe travel plans.
- Become familiar with the science of snow crystals, metamorphism, and slab avalanche fracture mechanics.
- The REC2+ are designed for aspirant professionals. The REC2+ course is a preparatory course for the next professional developmental step, the AAA PRO1.
- Low instructor-to-student ratio with small course size.
- Lead Instructor: Chago Rodriguez - Certified AAA Instructor, AAA PRO Instructor, Snow and Avalanche Scientist. Avalanche Science assistant instructors are seasoned avalanche professionals, backcountry ski guides, and AAA PRO members.
Prerequisite: Be able to ski tour (on skis or split-board).
Pre-course material: 4-hour Avalanche Science online content.
Course Format: 8-day
Contact Information: +1-208-473-6532, email@example.com