Avalanche Level 1 REFRESHER: February 23-24, 2019
- Refine skills required to develop a systematic plan for ski tours in avalanche terrain based on the integration of Situational Awareness into the Decision Making framework.
- Review Snow, Weather, and Avalanche Guidelines (SWAG Standards).
- Refresh recording and observer skills of snowpack, weather, and avalanches.
Course Format: 2-day, Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 AM-6:00 PM
1) Be able to ski tour (on skis or split-board) and tour as much as 3,000 vertical feet per day.
2) Three antenna avalanche transceiver. Less than 3-year old.
3) Metal shovel with an extendable handle
4) 3-meter Probe.
5) Backpack with avalanche rescue compartment.
6) Snow Saw - https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/snow-safety-and-avalanche-gear/snow-saw-pro-BD1021740000ALL1.html
7) Digital Thermometer - http://a.co/d/8bbKVmp
8) Lexan/Plastic crystal card, metal cards are NOT recommended - https://backcountryaccess.com/product/polycarbonate-crystal-card/
9) 20-30x magnifier - http://a.co/d/2q3ph1P
10) SmartPhone slope angle app - http://wbskiing.com/inclinometer.asp
Avalanche Science Bitacora Field journal.
Online material: Avalanche Science PREMIUM online preparation and post course material.
Cancellation Policy: 60% of the course cost can be refunded up to 30 days prior to the course start. No refunds are provided for cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the start of the course for which you are registered.