International REC1+ COURSE (March 5-8, 2020)
- 4-Day Avalanche Level 1 course format, 32 hours of classroom and fieldwork that exceeds the American Avalanche Association guidelines of 24 hours.
- Gain an understanding of avalanche beacon technology and receive advanced training in avalanche companion rescue techniques.
- Learn to recognize avalanche terrain, develop a systematic method for avalanche risk assessment, and execute safe travel plans.
- Become familiar with the science of snow crystals, metamorphism, and slab avalanche fracture mechanics.
- The REC1-Plus I designed for aspirant professionals. The REC1-Plus is a preparatory course for the next professional developmental step, the AAA PRO1.
- Low instructor to student ratio with small course size.
- Lead Instructor: Chago Rodriguez - Certified AAA Instructor, AAA PRO Instructor, Snow and Avalanche Scientist. Avalanche Science assistant instructors are seasoned avalanche professionals, backcountry ski guides, and AAA PRO members.
Includes the NEW AAA Rescue module, Avalanche Science Bitacora, Avalanche Science Online content, Avalanche Science Navigation and Snow Science Modules, as well as AIARE 1 Student Manual, AIARE field book, and AIARE online content.
Prerequisite: Be able to ski tour (on skis or split-board).
Pre-course material: 4-hour Avalanche Science online content.
Course Format: 4-day, maximum of 6 Participants
Course venue: Tavascan, Spain
Participants are responsible for transportation and lodging during the course. It is strongly recommended to stay at Hotel Estanys Blaus. Link is included below:
Participants and the course instructor will meet on March 4th at 5 PM at Hotel Estanys Blaus.