International Private Group REC 1+ or REC2+ Course
Before placing order for this avalanche course contact Avalanche Science to check for availability and dates.
Avalanche Courses in English in the Pyrenees
Course venues: Tavascan-Spain, Arcalis-Andorra
This is a PRIVATE group Avalanche Science REC1+ or REC2+ course
Maximum of 6 Participants
Includes the NEW AAA Rescue module
- 4-Day Avalanche REC1+ or REC2+ course, with a total of 32 hours of classroom and fieldwork that exceeds the American Avalanche Association guidelines of 24 hours.
- Gain an understanding of avalanche beacon technology and receive advanced training in avalanche companion rescue techniques.
- Learn to recognize avalanche terrain, develop a systematic method for avalanche risk assessment, and execute safe travel plans.
- Become familiar with the science of snow crystals, metamorphism, and slab avalanche fracture mechanics.
- The REC1+ and REC2+ are designed for aspirant professionals. Both courses are preparatory courses for the next professional developmental step, the AAA PRO1.
- Low instructor to student ratio with small course size.
- Lead Instructor: Chago Rodriguez - Certified AAA Instructor, AAA PRO Instructor, Snow and Avalanche Scientist. Avalanche Science assistant instructors are seasoned avalanche professionals, backcountry ski guides, and AAA PRO members.
Prerequisite: Be able to ski tour (on skis or split-board).
Pre-course material: 4-hour Avalanche Science online content.
Course Format: 4-day
Contact Information: +1-208-473-6532, firstname.lastname@example.org